- Inverary Inn Resort
Inverary Inn Resort
368 Shore Road, Baddeck, Nova Scotia, B0E 1B0 1-920-295-3500
Cape Breton is one of the world’s top islands and Inverary Resort is an 11 acre resort on the shores of the Bras d’Or Lakes in Baddeck, Cape Breton – the beginning and the end of the world famous Cabot Trail.The only waterfront resort in Baddeck, it offers a variety of accommodations, great dining and a range of onsite activities to stay busy. Inverary Resort is an ideal base for travelers to explore everything this beautiful island has to offer: an exceptional scenery and stunning array of wildlife, a fascinating mix of Acadian, Mi’kmaq and Gaelic culture and so much more. Go out and discover.
Originally constructed in 1850 by ‘Millionaire’ MacNeil, the Inverary draws it’s namesake from Inveraray Castle in Argyll, Scotland. When opened as an Inn after the second world war, the Fownes family drew from their Scottish heritage to help run the new business. Since 1971, Inverary has been owned and managed by the MacAulay family, who continue to draw from their Scottish heritage to provide a unique experience of history, music, food and hospitality..
Resort Property at a Glance
- Guest room selections: Original and Traditional guest rooms, Efficiency units, Mini suites and Cottage suites.
- The lakeside resort was originally built in 1850 and is run by the MacAulay Family.
- The Lakeside Adventure Centre offers a variety of water sports including kayaking, canoeing, pedal boating, water skates, day sailers and power boats.
- The Spa at the Inverary Resort offers registered estheticians, six treatment rooms and many spa packages.
- With beautiful mountains and breathtaking view of Baddeck Bay as your backdrop, it’s an ideal wedding venue.
- may vary upon room
- High-speed internet access
- Full bathroom
- Coffee maker
- Cable TV
- Guest telephone
- Propane fireplace (main lodge deluxe only)
- Dining and Restaurants
- Thistledown Restaurant, Pub and Patio
- 11-acre property on Bras d’Or Lakes
- Private chapel or gazebo
- Waterfront boardwalk
- Event tent for outdoor ceremony, dinner and/or reception
- Indoor facility with room for 220
- Experienced staff available 24 hours during event
- Event coordinator onsite
- Wedding spa packages
Things to Do
- Lakeside Adventure Centre
- Bell Bay Golf Club
- Alexander Graham Bell Museum
- Cabot Trail
- Fortress of Louisbourg
- Highland Village
- Bras d’Or Lakes
- Sailing, boat tours & sightseeing
- Tennis, volleyball or badminton
- Paddle boats, power boats, kayaks & canoes
- Resort Fitness Centre, Spa, Sauna and Gift Shop
- Barbeques and nightly bonfires